Wednesday, April 29, 2009

The Coming Home Series

It’s never easy to sum up ten months of ones life in a brief and hopefully interesting essay, especially when one has been exposed to so many new people, places and other fascinating stimuli during that time. In fact, I have only tried it one other time, when I left China, and so now eight years later I will attempt to succinctly offer you a glimpse of our experience of living in Mbarara, Uganda. Furthermore, since we have been keeping the blog up to date all year, I will spare you a repeat of the highlights and instead try to pass on my thoughts regarding the intricacies of day to day life in a Sub-Saharan, East African country. I have a lot to ramble on about so I will break it up into a series of blogs over the next month. The first entry is actually an assignment I had to turn in a couple of months ago, but seemed like it would make a good blog entry, so don’t get thrown off by the use of the words “project” and “resistance factors” as they were terms needed for the assignment. Plus this will buy me some time to collect my thoughts in order to produce more coherent blogs.

1 comment:

Tere said...

Danny and Lynn,

I certainly don't want to tell you don't come home, but I will miss reading your wonderful blog.

The Ugandans have been lucky to have you both, if even for a short time.

Aunt Tere