Saturday, January 31, 2009

White-Water Swimming???

Because you can’t really call it white-water rafting when your raft flips in every rapid and the crew emerges from the other side having to swim back to the raft. It reminds me of the days before my wife taught me how to really surf when I would tell friends that I had just gone “surfing”, but technically what I had actually done was gone paddling, falling and swimming for several hours.
Even though we did not professionally navigate the rapids on this day, we still had an amazing time with a great group of people, although, it was a bit ironic that one of the guys in our crew was a less than confident swimmer. In the end his timidity convinced him and the other two girls to walk around the last rapid of the day leaving me, Lynn and one other guy to forge the turbulent waters on our own. Witnesses from the shore said we went into the enormous rapid cleanly, but then our raft bent in half sending us flying in all directions and so we finished the day swimming just as we had started it, but had a great time nonetheless.

No comments: